You know you are Canadian when...
- You stand in "line-ups" at the movie, not
- You're not offended by the term "Homo Milk".
- You understand the sentence, "Could you please pass
me a serviette, I just spilled my poutine".
- You eat chocolate bars instead of candy bars.
- You drink pop, not soda.
- You know what it means to be on pogey.
- You can drink legally while still a 'teen.
- You talk about the weather with strangers and friends
- You don't know or care about the fuss with Cuba, it's
just a cheap place to travel with good cigars and no
- When there is a social problem, you turn to your
government to fix it instead of telling them to stay out
- You're not sure if the leader of your nation has EVER had
sex and you don't want to know if he has!
- You get milk in bags as well as cartons and plastic jugs.
- Pike is a type of fish, not some part of a highway.
- You drive on a highway, not a freeway.
- You know what a Robertson screwdriver is.
- You have Canadian Tire money in your kitchen drawers.
- You know that Thrills are something to chew and
"taste like soap".
- You know that Mounties "don't always look like
- You dismiss all beers under 6% as "for children and
- You know that the Friendly Giant isn't a vegetable
- You know that Casey and Finnegan are not a Celtic musical
- You participated in "Participaction".
- You have an Inuit carving by your bedside with the
rationale , "What's good enough protection for the
Prime Minister is good enough for me".
- You wonder why there isn't a 5 dollar coin yet.
- Like any international assassin/terrorist/spy in the
world, you carry a Canadian passport.
- You use a red pen on your non-Canadian textbooks and fill
in the missing 'u's from labor, honor, and color.
- You know the French equivalents of "free",
"prize", and "no sugar added", thanks
to your extensive education in bilingual cereal
- You are excited whenever an American television show
- You make a mental note to talk about it at work the next
- You can eat more than one maple sugar candy without
- You were mad when "The Beachcombers" was taken
off the air.
- You know what a toque is.
- You have some memento of Doug and Bob.
- You know Toronto is not a province. (...yet)
- You never miss "Coaches Corner".
- Back bacon and Kraft Dinner are two of your favourite
- You actually get these jokes and forward them to all your
Special thanks to Joseph Ramacieri for this submission
to WOW Stories Site