reminders and suggestions on how to live a happy and rewarding life
- Watch a sunrise at least once a year.
- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
- Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen every day.
- Don't waste time learning the "tricks of the trade." Instead,
learn the trade.
- Hug children after you discipline them.
- Give to charity all the clothes you haven't worn
during the past three
- Choose your life's mate carefully. From this one decision will come ninety
percent of all your happiness or misery.
- Think big thoughts, but relish small pleasures.
- Learn to listen. Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly.
- Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have.
- Skip one meal a week and give what you would have spent to a street person.
- Strive for excellence, not perfection.
- Take time to smell the roses.
- Never cut what can be untied.
- Lie on your back and look at the stars.
- Leave everything a little better than you found it.
- Remember that a successful marriage depends on two things:(1) finding
the right person and (2) being the right person.
- Street musicians are a treasure. Stop for a moment and listen; then leave
a small donation.
- Focus on making things better, not bigger.
- Select a doctor your own age so that you can grow old together.
- Tape record your parent's laughter.
- Send your loved one flowers. Think of a reason later.
- Never admit at work that you're tired, angry, or bored.
- Cherish your children for what they are, not for what you'd like them
- Don't postpone joy.
Little Instruction Book" by H. Jackson Brown Jr.
Special thanks to Carlos Bichai for