All I Really Need To Know... I Learned From Black Women
1. Safe is a four-letter word; you can't steal second base by keeping your foot on first.
2. Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
3. Put God first and you will find Him with you right up to the last.
4. Never fear opposition -- a kite rises against the wind, not with it.
5. Plan your work -- then work your plan.
6. It is not enough to commit the Golden Rule to memory,you must commit it to life.
7. Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.
8. If you think you are too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito.
9. Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.
10. The wonders you seek are within yourself. The Wizard never gave anything to the Scarecrow, the Lion, and the Tin Man that they didn't already have.
11. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly.
12. Save money and money will save you.
13. Never cut what you can untie.
14. Nobody raises her own reputation by lowering others.
15. The woman who has a right to boast doesn't have to.
16. The Sister who knows "how" will find a job; the Sister who knows "why" will be her boss.
17. Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?
18. Failure is success if we learn from it.
19. Being smart is not the same as being wise; being tough is not the same as being strong; being wealthy is not the same as being rich; being shown is not the same as being led.
20. In each one of us there is a queen; speak to her and she will come forth.
-By Laura B. Randolph
Back to WOW Stories